The Calvary Houston Church frequently quotes Proverbs 29:18: “Where there is no vision, the people will perish”. They feel, and many agree, that life is pointless unless people live towards a vision inspired by God. According to Proverbs 29:18, those without a vision are directionless and essentially destroy themselves. This is sad, but there are solutions to be found. By finding God inspiration, listening to what He has to say and the direction He has to give them, they can live rich, bless, and fulfilling life. No longer is there a need to simply stumble through life, in other words.
Calvary Houston Church Defines God Inspiration
Having a vision is about knowing where you want your life to go, giving you the direction you need. This starts by knowing how to create this vision. Thankfully, by accepting God inspiration, creating a vision is surprisingly easy to do:
- Ask the Lord to provide you with the direction and wisdom to understand where He wants you to head. According to Proverbs 3:5-6: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path.” It couldn’t be clearer, in other words.
- Ask yourself what you would like to accomplish this year. Think about your health, your weight, your family, your business, your career, your finances, and your spirit.
- Ask yourself where you would like to be within the next five years. Again, think about your health, your weight, your family, your business, your career, your finances, and your spirt.
- Repeat this for the next 10 years as well, envisioning where you want your life to be by then.
- Consider the charities and organizations you want to be a part of. Helping your fellow man is vital towards achieving health and happiness, after all.
- Write your vision down. Consider Habakkuh 2:2, for instance, where it says: “Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.“ This means that you need to make it possible for others to understand the visions you have had, and learn from this as well.
- Be ready to wait. The Lord works in mysterious ways, and He will be the one to determine when your guidance will be delivered. Again, Habakkuh 2:3 states: “For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.”
Consider the things you have always wanted to do, and ask yourself whether you have not done them yet. It could be that you have forsaken your own God inspiration, which you can retrieve with ease. Or perhaps the time simply isn’t right yet, and you will soon receive a greater revelation. Either way, God inspiration is what gives your life purpose.