Arunachal pradesh is the largest of the seven sister states of india. It is located in the northeast region of the country and traverses across international borders of Bhutan, c and Myanmar. Arunachal pradesh goes by the famous appellations, ‘the land of the rising sun’ and ‘the land of dawn-lit mountains’ as, it receives sunshine before any other state of india. These sun-related appellations suit Arunachal pradesh as, it literally has everything under the sun when it comes to tourism, which is unlike any other state or tourist destination in India. You would see places that are famous for natural beauty, forests and greenery and other places famous for urban lifestyle, civilisation and history. The state of Arunachal pradesh has everything that can woo the tourists and mesmerise them. Tourist places in Arunachal pradesh include exotic natural forests, valleys, rivers and mountains as well as, historical museums and restaurants. Some prominent things to do in Arunachal pradesh can be, sightseeing, traditional festivities and adventure sports. Allured by Arunachal pradesh already? Read on this blog and you’ll end up coveting a visit to the land of the rising sun!
Places to visit in Arunachal pradesh
Quickly close your eyes and visualise your dream tourist destination. You would imagine lush fields, fresh brooks and tall mountains, then you would move on and imagine, historical monuments, sculptures, then you’d shift towards imagining scrumptious restaurants and luxurious gambling resorts or similar casinos, now open your eyes. You will come to realise that all these things can’t coexist in a place right? Not right. Arunachal pradesh is a manifestation of your dream tourist destination. Some tourist places in Arunachal pradesh are;
- Tawang- Tawang is a great place to visit in Arunachal pradesh for its serene views and tranquil lakes.
- Roing- Roing is a good place if you are up for some adventure. You can enjoy adventure sports and waterfalls if you visit Roing.
- Itanagar- Itanagar is the capital of Arunachal pradesh and is famous for its rich heritage and museums.
- Sela restaurant- Sela restaurant is an exotic restaurant where you can enjoy Traditional Tibetan food.
These are some of the many tourist places in Arunachal pradesh. There are many other places which you can explore once you visit this exotic state of india.
Things to do in Arunachal pradesh
Arunachal pradesh is a very less explored tourist destination in India. But, this does not take away anything of it’s sublime beauty and magical experiences. Let’s delve into some of the amazing things to do in Arunachal pradesh and know why exactly, Arunachal should become a mainstream tourist destination.
- Pankang Teng Tso- Pankang Teng Tso is a lake in Tawang in Arunachal pradesh. Its encompassed by greenery and is present on a high altitude. It’s an amazing sightseeing place.
- Tawang Monastery- Tawang Monastery is the largest monastery in India. Tawang has been acquainted with the Buddhism culture and this monastery is evident to that.
- Kameng river- If you are up for an adventurous river rafting session, give Kameng river a visit!
- Ziro music festival- Ziro music festival is a great musical getaway where some of the greatest bands perform and you get to enjoy sitting in the lap of nature.
These are some amazing things you can do when you visit Arunachal pradesh.
How to reach?
Thankfully, reaching to this paradise is particularly easy and convenient. There are all three modes of transport available to this state. You can easily catch a cab from the two major cities near Arunachal pradesh. Those are, Kolkata and Guwahati. There is also the Harmuti railway station from where, you can catch a cab or a bus to your desired destination in the state. If you prefer travelling by air, you’ll have to catch a flight to either Kolkata or Guwahati and then, you can travel via a cab or a bus straight to Arunachal pradesh.
Best time to visit
The ideal time to visit Arunachal pradesh is winter when the weather is quite cold but very balmy as well. It is the best time to go sightseeing in the lakes and rivers of Arunachal pradesh and enjoy the natural beauty. Also, this is the time when traditional festivals take place which can be enjoyed thoroughly by the tourists. So, plan a visit now to this amazing place where there is everything under the sun!