Are you a vaper wondering if you can travel with your vaping devices on airplanes? Perhaps you want to have a clue about the rules and regulations governing flying aboard with your vaping devices.
Although, it is possible to travel on air with your vaping devices, however, vaping on air is a no go area across the board. Before traveling, it is important to check and take note of the specific rules that govern traveling abroad with your vape device in each country.
On a general note, here are some travel tips for taking your vape devices on airplane.
• Ensure you buy your E-liquid before traveling: It is very important that you purchase your E-liquid before traveling by air, this is because many foreign countries do not have the same level of testing for products and you may not find the best flavor that suits your need in the country you intend to visit.
• Disassemble All Vaping Equipment: It is important to disable all vaping equipment for security reasons. Disabling your vaping devices also ensures that your vaporizer does not turn on my mistake and exhaust your battery life.
• Get ready to deal with stigmatization: Remember that some countries are not vape-friendly, so ensure that you have deep knowledge of what you are talking about and remain calm if questioned.
• Respect others: Remember that not everybody onboard knows about vaping and non-smokers may not like the vapor cloud, stay on the safe side and wait to vape when you get to your destination.
• Carry your batteries with you: Remember that all extra-batteries for your vaping device must not be placed in the check-in bag. Instead, they are to be carried on the plane. Therefore, your extra –batteries must be kept by you as hand luggage.
• Do not vape in Air: Note that vapers are not allowed to use their vaping devices on air, even though they are allowed to carry them as hand luggage. It is very important that vapers obey the same rules that follow smoking on air, this is because people who have never smoked or vaped may find this uncomfortable and disrespectful.
• Do not carry E-liquid Containers that is over 3.4-Ounces: It is important to note that only 3.4 ounces of e-liquid are allowed on air, and this must be fit inside a 1-quart sized bag. Also, the container must not be more than 100ml.
• Disconnect your batteries from the atomizer: Before going to the checkpoint, remember to disconnect the batteries from the atomizer.
• Do not charge your vaporizer in air: As part of extra precaution, most countries have banned the charging of vaping devices in air, this is to avoid air mishap.
Finally, vaping can be fun and enjoyable. However, all vapers wishing to travel abroad must take note of all rules governing traveling with their vaping devices and respect these rules. Remember that not everybody onboard knows about vaping and non-smokers may not like the vapor cloud, stay on the safe side and wait to vape when you get to your destination.