It can be difficult to have a nice day if your sleep at night was terrible. Indeed, lack of sleep damages your health both mentally and physically. And this is why when Nectar Sleep Mattress reviews the various ways of having a good night’s sleep, you need to pay attention.
Nectar Sleep Mattress Reviews Sleeping Tactics
- Do not nap during the day. If you nap often and you struggle to sleep at night, the two are probably linked.
- Sleep in a dark room. While some of us don’t like the darkness, it is better to sleep in the dark. Should you really struggle to sleep in the dark, then consider a dimmed night light instead.
- Have a regular routine and schedule. This means you should try to always get up around the same time. If your alarm goes off at 6am every week day, but you then find yourself having a lie in on weekends until 11am, then your rhythm will be disturbed.
- Make sure your pillow and mattress are completely comfortable and suitable. If you invest in only one thing in your bedroom, let it be your mattress. Do not believe that something that is popular is necessarily the best. For instance, memory foam makes some people feel incredibly hot at night, making it uncomfortable.
- Have a type of ritual in place at night, thereby teaching your body that it is about to go to sleep. For instance, have a glass of water, watch the news with the lights dimmed, and go brush your teeth. Whatever it is that relaxes you and that you can do every night is a good thing.
- Have a light evening meal. If you eat a lot of heavy things, they will rest on your stomach and make you feel uncomfortable. It will also mean your body is too busy digesting at night.
- Do not use lit screens before going to bed. Backlit eBook readers were a huge hype, for instance, but we now know that this type of light (also found on phones) can make it more difficult to have good sleep.
- Dim the lights in your environment as much as possible for two hours before you go to sleep.
- Exercise every day. Allow your body to use its energy. Do not, however, over-train, because that has a negative impact on sleep.
- Give your mind a rest when you go to sleep. Meditate if you find it difficult to think of nothing.
- Do not drink too much at night, particularly alcohol and caffeinated drinks.
If you have ever “pulled an all-nighter” you know how exhausting this is and how much our body actually needs to sleep. We lead very busy lives nowadays, which means few of us are able to get as much sleep as we really need. Make sure, if nothing else, that whatever sleep you do get is of the highest possible quality. Make sleep your priority and you make yourself a priority once again.